One of the biggest takeaways from the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic is that businesses don’t just have to learn how to sell, market, serve customers or collaborate from wherever they are, they also have to learn how to hire, retain, motivate and re-skill their workforce even when they are all working remote.
Adjusting to the new normal by getting accustomed to all of the above will further empower businesses of all sizes despite their location or industry to digitally transform and cope with the new demands of the changed world.
While you’re at it,
Catch these weekly HR Tech highlights!
HR Tech Quote-of-the-week!
HR is a rich source of deep thinking around the future of work and the motivators that drive us. It’s also a window into our relationship with technology −particularly now as AI starts to take on more of a human aspect.
Top HR Tech News of the week
- Upwork to Host 4th Annual Work Without Limits Summit in August
- Clarity Benefit Solutions Becomes One of Silicon Valleys Fastest-Growing Tech Companies of 2020
- Jobvite Announces New Acquisition
- LivePerson Reimagines the Office-Centric Workplace
- Rising Use of Alternate Workspaces Intensifies the Need for Multi-factor Authentication
- Allscripts and Microsoft Extend Strategic Alliance for Health IT Infrastructure
- Kronos Lauded for Exceptional Customer Experience by Its Users
- Unacademy Acquires Stake in Mastree
- Prodoscore and Telarus Announce New Partnership
- Deluxe Partners with TIME, Columbia Business School to Offer Series of Affordable Business Classes
- Citrix and Microsoft Partner to Accelerate the Future of Work
- Cornerstone Helps Managers Crack the Gen Z Code
- SAP Offers New SAP® Fieldglass® External Talent Marketplace at No Charge to Help Businesses Fill Temporary Jobs
- DHI Group’s ClearanceJobs Launches New Site Feature That Automates Critical Recruiting Processes
- Asana Releases Goals for Better Organizational Alignment
- Ultimate Software Earns 100% Score on 2020 Disability Equality Index
- Caltech CTME and Simplilearn to Launch Online Post Graduate Program in Cloud Computing
- TeamViewer and Ubimax join forces
- GigSmart Survey: Coronavirus Fuels the Gig Economy
- SAP® Training and Adoption Enhances Digital Learning to Foster People and Business Success
- ADP Retirement Services Launches Simplified 5500 Compliance Reporting Process
- Coursera 2020 Global Skills Index Highlights Urgent Need for Reskilling
HR Tech QnA with the Expert
Compassion! Its more important than ever, when our employees are living in times of uncertainty around the world, that we need to be there to support each other as we are stronger together. Stay in touch with each other and ask, “How are you?” and if they answer “Ok,” be ready to take it to the next level by peeling back a layer and asking again, “how are you today?” Take a moment to encourage employees to reflect on what they are grateful for at the end of each day and embrace moments of laughter – and together, celebrate personal and business milestones.
From the TecHRseries Team
- What Tech Tips can Help when Working Remote? Find out Here!
- Some Global Performance Management Systems that Can Easily Help you with Employee Assessments
- Wearable Technologies That Can Help Maintain Employee Health And Safety
- How will you support your employees during a time of crisis? Alexandra Powell, U.S. Director of Client Culture and Engagement at Reward Gateway shares some tips.
- How can you Minimize the Number of Regular Meetings with Virtual Stand-ups? Nikola Stankovičová, marketing manager at Scrumie.com writes about it.
The More Innovative your Sales and Marketing during a Crisis, the better the results. Catch these latest episodes of the SalesStar Podcast to know more!
Looking for the latest in Fintech? Catch them here!