BeyondTrust Remote Support 21.1 Expands Platform Support to Zebra Devices, Raspberry Pi, Smart Cards & More
BeyondTrust, the worldwide leader in Privileged Access Management (PAM), today announced BeyondTrust Remote Support 21.1, featuring enhancements that simplify workflows by allowing teams to securely connect to and support more systems and devices, including Raspberry Pi OS and Zebra devices. In addition, the product’s credential management Vault now lets users create private generic accounts and extend discovery and rotation.
HR Technology News: Terminix Internship Named To Top 100 Best Internships In America By WayUp
Today’s Support teams require administrative access to myriad desktops and critical systems, and are being asked to support more and more technologies, including IoT devices and offline machines. The security of their remote access tools is crucial in protecting their network from threats, while meeting compliance regulations.
BeyondTrust Remote Support 21.1 enables organizations to consolidate and standardize service desk support with one solution, improving productivity and reducing operational costs while increasing security. For many organizations, traditional IT troubleshooting methods for devices, such as onsite visits, are no longer an option due to COVID-19 restrictions and other challenges. BeyondTrust Remote Support enables support teams to access and fix any remote device, running any platform, and located anywhere quickly and securely.
“We see a great demand for remote access solutions that quickly and efficiently solve issues across a wide array of applications, systems and devices,” states Tal Guest, Director, Product Management of Secure Remote Access at BeyondTrust. “IT service desks deal with an increasingly complex support environment, and require remote access solutions that can scale, adapt, and meet rigorous security requirements.”
BeyondTrust Remote Support 21.1 includes the following new features and enhancements:
- Raspberry Pi OS Support – Adds headless support for Raspberry Pi OS, allowing privileged users to connect to more types of unattended systems, perform administrative actions, and secure who has access to manage these devices.
- Zebra Device Support – Enables service desks to access, troubleshoot, and support both attended and unattended Zebra devices, which are constantly on the move or situated in remote locations.
- BeyondTrust Vault – Protects privileged credentials with discovery, management, rotation, auditing, and monitoring for any privileged account; this includes the local or domain shared administrator, personal administrative accounts, and SSH keys, cloud, and social media accounts, complete with detailed password usage reporting.
- Enhancement of Portal Customizations – Dedicated BeyondTrust support portals, which already support extensive branding and customization options, now offer the ability to assign permissions to specific teams, roles, or groups for configuration by portal to further streamline administration.
- Extended APDU Smart Card Support Option – Within environments where security implementations require smart cards for authentication, BeyondTrust enables representatives to pass administrative credentials to the remote computer from a smart card resident on the representative’s local system; the Virtual Smart Card feature now supports Extended APDU.
- Mac Support – BeyondTrust offers largely the same functionality for Mac as it does for Windows, and remote Mac support is integrated into other support systems and processes.