Do you need to focus on your upskilling in 2021?
Upskilling, a process where employees are taught new skills that will help them be more efficient and proficient in their work is a critical part of today’s organization development, given how quickly processes and technologies need to change to adapt to market dynamics. Upskilling helps employees learn new skills through proper training. What they learn is beneficial to them as well as to the organisation that they are working with. Upskilling usually happens when employees are trained in different technological situations in order to keep up with the trends. This helps employees learn new and relevant skills that can be put to use in the tech workplace.
HR Technology News: Venterra Realty Partners With DecisionWise For Their 2020 Leadership Survey
As technology grows, digitization in the workplace also grows. More and more technical skills in the workplace are needed to keep up with the pace of growth. Upskilling helps in this aspect.
Upskilling in 2021 to learn more on AI?
Artificial Intelligence or AI is a branch of computer science that deals with the incorporation of human-like intelligence in machines. Under AI, the natural intelligence found in humans is replicated artificially, hence the term. Development in technology includes using AI to build machines that are programmed to process different kinds of information and data that can be used for a specific task. Many people and businesses all around the world benefit from AI backed tools. Hence, having adequate knowledge about AI and AI systems is integral in today’s workplace.
Benefits of Upskilling to Learn about AI
- Increased productivity. Learning about AI helps to increase productivity levels in the workplace. Staying updated with new developments in technology can help employees use digitization to their advantage by lessening their manual labor. Employees can use technology to do more work in a lesser amount of time.
- Staying Up-To-Date. Upskilling in AI helps a company to stay updated on the current trends in technology. This helps keep many companies and organisations relevant to the times and be able to compete in the technological market.
- Increased Skillset. The employees who upskill to learn about AI can boost their skill set to help them acquire better positions in their workplace. This can help motivate employees to work harder and get better recognition and growth.
- New Project Opportunities. Learning about AI can create new project opportunities in the workplace that are beneficial to the future of the company or the organisation.
What is AI Engineering?
Artificial Intelligence Engineering, or AI engineering, is a branch of engineering which uses machine learning algorithms to build machines that businesses can use to help make decisions that affect the whole business. Engineers who specialise in AI Engineering use their in-depth knowledge of programming, software engineering, and data science to process data in order to build and maintain AI systems.
There are many sub-specialities that can be taken up while studying AI engineering. These include AI development, AI architecture, data science, business intelligence development, etc. People who study AI engineering can specialise in one of these in accordance with their requirements and wants.
5 Best AI Engineering Programs
There are thousands of universities all across the world where you can study AI Engineering. All these different universities offer different kinds of facilities to their students. These universities have different kinds of fee structures; and offer different kinds of specialities; to suit varied professional needs.
The 5 top programs for managers to learn about executive AI are: –
- Start Building Your AI Strategy (North-Western | Kellog School of Management)
- Artificial Intelligence: Business Strategies and Applications (Berkeley ExecEd | Berkeley Haas)
- Artificial Intelligence Graduate Certificate (Stanford | Online)
- Artificial Intelligence (Johns Hopkins Engineering for Professionals)
- Professional Certificate Program in Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence (MIT Professional Education)
Global Universities Known for High-Value, Executive-Level AI Engineering
The top 5 universities in the world for AI Engineering are:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), USA
- Stanford University, USA
- The University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Artificial Intelligence is becoming a leader in the technology industry. Many organisations and companies are incorporating AI in the workplace due to the many benefits on offer. Upskilling in AI helps employees grow while learning a skill that will benefit them in any position they hold in the workplace. Majoring in Artificial Intelligence Engineering while in college, gives people an upper hand that they can use to their advantage in many companies and organisations around the world.