The ranking is based on confidential survey feedback representing more than 44,000 employees from companies across the Bay Area. Great Place to Work, a global people analytics and consulting firm, evaluated more than 60 elements of team members’ experience on the job.
These included the extent to which employees trust leaders, the respect with which people are treated, the fairness of workplace decisions, and how much camaraderie there is among the team.
“Our founding company value is to ‘Respect the Community,’ and employee well-being is a top priority. That is why we invest in programs, benefits, and opportunities that create a positive environment where employees can thrive,” said Barbara Messing, Chief Employee Experience Officer of Roblox. “At its core, Roblox is a company of inventors. We’re solving some of the hardest engineering and product challenges as we build the metaverse and bring people around the world to play, learn, and work together.”
The Best Workplaces in the Bay Area stand out for excelling in one of the nation’s most competitive markets. To that end, to attract the best talent and be a great place to work, Roblox instituted a number of new initiatives in 2020 to reinforce the company’s culture while simultaneously providing the resources necessary to help its employees excel in their jobs:
- Roblox created a series of “Leading Remotely” sessions where managers could discuss inventive ways to manage teams virtually.
- Roblox started offering regularly-scheduled mental well-being days off for employees to recharge.
- Roblox introduced a new “no-meeting Wednesdays” policy to combat online meeting fatigue and allow employees to focus on their tasks and family matters without any interruption.
- Roblox provided a $1,000 allowance for home office equipment to each employee and started regular virtual gatherings to bring employees together, provide important updates, discuss issues that make the team anxious or uncertain, and answer questions on a weekly basis.
- Roblox launched Roblox Giving, a program for Roblox to match contributions from eligible employees, dollar for dollar, up to $10,000 per contributor per year, to the charitable organizations of their choice.
- Roblox launched new Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) to support underrepresented groups and help educate the broader employee community.
- The Roblox People team recreated its 2020 internship program to be run in a fully virtual environment and further expanded it to support more students across the U.S. The program was honored as one of the Top 100 Internship Programs 2020.
- The engineering team developed an immersive virtual experience recreating the company’s HQ on Roblox where employees could interact with one another at the end of each of the weekly townhall gatherings.
HR Technology News: What To Keep In Mind When Selecting A Field Workforce Management Platform