Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company (Reliance Standard) announced it has expanded its customer experience, supported by Matrix Absence Management’s technology and service platform, to include voluntary supplemental health products, including Accident, Critical Illness and Hospital insurance.
“The employee experience is how we distinguish ourselves as an enterprise”
“The employee experience is how we distinguish ourselves as an enterprise,” said Mark Marsters, president of Matrix and chief operating officer, group benefits, for Reliance Standard. “We see it every day. Whether it’s a routine pregnancy, a child’s broken arm or a spouse is diagnosed with an illness, we want to make sure there is just one person to call to manage that important event, regardless of what benefit or entitlement applies.”
HR Technology News: HR In 2021: The Future Of Talent Acquisition & Management
The inclusion of supplemental health products expands an already robust customer experience for absence and disability solutions, including:
- A single point of contact that is cross-trained as an expert in absence solutions, such as FMLA, PFML and employer-sponsored leave, disability insurance, and now supplemental health and wellness benefits;
- 24/7/365 US-based customer contact center;
- Intuitive web navigation that uses eligibility data and tree-logic to personalize the experience;
- A mobile app with features such as electronic signature and smartphone camera uploads;
- Avatar-based training and communication for both employees and their managers.
The expansion also simplifies the eligibility collection process for employers through integration across all absence, disability, and now supplemental health products.
“When we mapped the customer journey, we saw that for any single event, employees had to visit different places and complete different forms for supplemental health,” said Gordon Smith, CIO and chief solutions officer at Matrix Absence Management. “We immediately saw there was a natural way to incorporate these products into our technology platform and designed the workflow to simplify the process for our clients and customers.”
HR Technology News: TecHRseries Interview with Doug Stephen, President, Learning Division at CGS