Udemy, a leading destination for learning and teaching online, released its “Q1 2022 Workplace Learning Index,” revealing the most popular technology and power skills trainings leveraged by global online learners.
Thus far in 2022, lessons on decentralized applications for blockchain and work efficiency were the leading courses among global learners in technology and power skills, respectively. The blockchain-related technology skills, such as DApp and Binance are seeing more than a 450% increase in usage compared to Q4 of 2021, while power skills, like efficiency (98% increase) and personal success (92% increase) also continue to gain focus among those seeking to sharpen their leadership capabilities.
The Udemy Workplace Learning Index is a quarterly report identifying the most in-demand skills based upon data generated by learners on Udemy’s enterprise learning solution, Udemy Business, and uncovers the skills corporate leaders and employees see as must-haves tools to accelerate their growth and maintain a competitive edge.
“Amid a rapidly changing corporate environment, businesses across the globe are focused on skills development to stay ahead of the curve of technology advances and the future of work,” said Greg Brown, president of Udemy Business. “Organizational cultures that prioritize continuous learning will be better positioned for success in today’s dynamic landscape.”
The Learning Index shows surging skills across industries designed to help businesses understand the emerging and critical skills spanning various sectors. In the Retail industry, PySpark course consumption surged 122% compared to Q4 2021; in Transportation and Logistics, Business Communication jumped 143%; and in the Professionals Services sector, FastAPI grew 272%.
HR Technology News: Volunteers On Catchafire Facilitate A National Response To Local Challenges
The report also highlighted numerous country-specific trends in employee learning, including:
- Top skills surging in the United States were Cloud Architecture (285% increase in consumption compared to Q4 2021) and Dynatrace (273% increase)
- Japan realized an 830% increase in Coaching course consumption
- India saw a 712% increase in Oracle Fusion HCM course consumption
- The United Kingdom has a 202% increase in AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- In Brazil, there has been a 201% increase in Network Infrastructure course consumption
In an additional Udemy study, conducted by KRC Research, on the ways in which U.S. workers are upskilling to advance their careers, 64% of respondents are planning to gain a new skill in the next three months. Additional findings from the study conducted from April 4 to April 6, 2022, include:
- Both employed (79%) and non-employed (60%) respondents plan to seek new skills over the next three months
- 43% of Gen Z respondents have learned a new skill in the last three months to advance their career, and 92% plan to learn a new skill in the next three months
- More men (71%) than women (59%) plan to learn a new skill in the next three months
- 27% of respondents plan to learn a new personal/hobby-related skill in the next three months, compared to 18% who said they planned to learn a new technical skill, 13% a new power skill (e.g., leadership, communication) and 7% a new tactical skill (e.g., marketing, accounting, sales)
HR Technology News: ABF Freight To Host Louisville-Area Hiring Event
[To share your insights with us, please write to email@example.com]