Deacom, Inc., the developer of a comprehensive Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution based in Chesterbrook, has been awarded a Top Workplace by the Philadelphia Inquirer and Philly.com. The 2019 Top Workplaces list is based on the results of anonymous employee feedback surveys administered by Energage, a top provider of technology-based employee engagement tools.
“We are proud to once again be recognized as a Top Workplace in the Philadelphia Area,” said Melissa Richardson, Hiring and Office Manager for Deacom. “We have tripled in size over the past few years and while keeping our culture intact as we scale is a challenge, we have been able to do this successfully by refining our hiring strategy along the way.”
Attracting great talent is only half the battle, it is also important to keep them engaged and proud to work at Deacom. Some perks and programs that Deacom team members note as most beneficial include:
- Health and Wellness Program – A full suite of benefits, including health, on-site nutritionist program, dental, vision, free in-complex or discounted gym memberships, telemedicine, and health and nurse advocate, are all available upon an individual’s first day of employment at Deacom.
- Flexible Schedules – Deacom is committed to helping employees face the demands of juggling work, family, and life-related responsibilities by offering flexible scheduling. This allows employees to work a full 8-hour day (plus lunch) anytime between the hours of 7am and 7pm, Monday through Friday.
- Catered Lunch Every Friday – Each Friday, Deacom provides free lunch to all employees to encourage interdepartmental collaboration and relationship building. The Deacom Café also offers giant Jenga, cornhole, ping pong, and board games for employees enjoy.
- Multi-Faceted Training Programs – Between the internal self-start training program, artisan-created technical labs and assessments, and an online learning platform for professional skills and development, there is no shortage of opportunities for employees to expand upon their capabilities and skillsets.
- Deacom Foundation – For those involved in charitable organizations, Deacom provides financial assistance to help fuel their passion. In 2019, the company contributed to 16 non-profit organizations that were of significance to team members.
- Annual User Conference – Each year, Deacom invites all customers to a three-day conference in Philadelphia. During this week, both employees and customers collaborate and expand their understanding of DEACOM through hands-on training sessions, networking events, and collaborative workshops.
“There are many perks and benefits to working at Deacom but it is the people that truly make us unique and a Top Workplace,” continued Richardson. “Our talent pool is full of passionate, intelligent, and driven individuals who all push towards a common goal: making an impact. We are excited to add more exceptional talent as we continue to grow and push the limits in the software industry.”
HR Technology News: Galvanize Names Harsh Patel as Chief Executive Officer