David Usher to Deliver Exclusive Keynote at “Signature,” the Annual HR Industry Event From McLean & Company, With Keynotes From Under Armour, Panasonic, & More
McLean & Company, one of the world’s leading HR research firms, has unveiled key details about its upcoming two-day HR event, Signature 2022. Last held in 2019, Signature is the long-awaited conference for HR leaders seeking to build flourishing cultures and organizations in the new hybrid reality.
With the overarching theme of “Shaping Thriving Workplaces,” nine highly anticipated keynotes, two panel discussions, five rapid-fire sessions, and two peer-to-peer roundtables will focus on the four major trends identified in the firm’s 2022 HR Trends Report. These include:
- Recruitment & Retention
- The New World of Work
- DEI After the Tipping Point
- Skills in the Age of Change
Aligning with these current trends in the HR industry, event organizers have announced a non-exhaustive list of impressive speakers for Signature 2022. Along with David Usher, founder of Reimagine AI and frontman of beloved Canadian rock band Moist, delivering his exclusive keynote Creative Thinking: The Power to Navigate Disruption, Signature attendees can look forward to the following top 10 talks and events from well-known industry experts:
- Tchernavia Rocker, Chief People and Administrative Officer at Under Armour, will help kick off the event with her dynamic keynote Leading With Purpose Through Crisis, Geopolitics, Culture Wars, and the Unknown – Shaped by Fire, examining the critical efforts of HR leaders in a working world riddled with complex external challenges.
- As employee burnout continues to plague industries far and wide, its resolution too often falls on the individual. Kelly Berte, Director, HR Research & Advisory Services at McLean & Company, will deliver the timely and relevant keynote Escape the Burnout Cycle: Thinking and Acting Differently as an Organization, inspired by the latest burnout research from McLean & Company.
- On the notable topic of culture, Michele Campion, Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO), ESAB, will explore best practices in creating an impactful and intentional culture in her keynote session, Shaping a Culture Through Purpose and Values.
- The current era of work demands real commitment and care from HR professionals. Phil Dana, CHRO, AskBio, will investigate the gritty details of HR work with his talk “In the Trenches” With a Current CHRO – Phil Dana @ AskBio.
- A strong, vibrant, and inclusive culture is more important now than ever before, which has sparked insights from Stephen Childs, CHRO for Panasonic Automotive, on culture creation and management from a leadership ownership perspective in the Cultivating a Culture of Belonging From the Top Down keynote.
- Janet Clarey, Director, HR Research & Advisory Services at McLean & Company, will highlight how an internal talent marketplace has the potential to fundamentally change how an organization of any size grows and moves talent to simultaneously meet employee needs and strategic priorities in the must-hear keynote Creating Your Internal Talent Marketplace: It’s Not Just a New Piece of HR Technology.
- Katrona Tyrrell, Senior Vice President of Human Resources at Orangetheory Fitness, will advocate for a strong organizational core in her keynote Orangetheory’s Focus on Building Core Strength Through Job Architecture and Compensation Philosophy.
- Attracting and retaining talent are top considerations for many HR professionals today. Gloria Pakravan, Senior Director, Talent Management at University Health Network, will talk talent acquisition and retention within budget constraints in Engaging & Retaining Talent When Financial Incentives Aren’t an Option: The UHN Journey.
- Hybrid work has become the new normal for many industries. While it brings opportunities for improved work-life balance, it also presents unique challenges for workplace culture. To address these challenges, LynnAnn Brewer, Director, HR Research & Advisory Services at McLean & Company, will lead the CHRO Panel Discussion: Managing Culture Proactively in Hybrid Environments with panelists Melkeya McDuffie, CHRO for Clean Harbors; Jenn Bouyoukos, Chief Talent & Culture Officer at Yorkville University Toronto Film School; and Kelly-Ann Cordner, CHRO for SMS Equipment Inc.
- Allyship requires real action and intention and plays a crucial role in today’s workplace. Cinnamon Clark, Practice Lead, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Services at McLean & Company, will guide panelists Heather Hardinger, System Director, DEI / Chief Diversity Officer at CoxHealth; Delphia Howze, Chief Inclusion Strategy Officer for the University of Tennessee System; and Patricia Lacey, Talent and Leadership Development Manager/DEI Lead, Red Stripe, a Heineken company, through their insights on allyship in the CDO Panel Discussion: Allies – Where Are You?
Jennifer Rozon, Division President of McLean & Company, shares the following insight on the return of Signature:
“Our dynamic lineup of keynote speakers exemplifies the diversity of today’s modern hybrid workplace and the crucial role HR plays across every organization. The no-sponsor policy of this year’s event will provide a safe and authentic environment for HR leaders to connect, network, and gain insight from the practical tools and resources they need to excel in the rapidly changing world of work.”
The in-person conference will take place from September 20th to 21st, 2022, at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. View the full conference agenda here.
HR Technology News: FlexJobs Names 10 Emerging Career Categories for Fully Remote Jobs