SkillPointe, the leading resource for skills-based career exploration, training and job opportunities that do not require a four-year degree, announced the release of their first e-book titled “Let’s Celebrate Skills-Based Careers.” This guide covers critical challenges facing our economy and higher education, and proposes attractive alternatives to four-year college degrees.
Consider these critical facts:
- 30 million jobs in the U.S. do not require a four-year degree but pay $55,000 or more.
- In 2021, 2.6 million skills-based jobs are available, and that number is expected to grow annually.
- Student loan debt is a staggering $1.7 trillion
- The four-year graduation rate at public colleges is only 33%
- 45% of four-year college grads are un- or under-employed
HR Technology News: UST Extends A Helping Hand Amidst The COVID-19 Pandemic In India
Todd Wilson, SkillPointe founder, states, “We are facing a national crisis of growing workforce shortages in many skills-based industries. At the same time, many four-year college students are leaving early without any credentials or certifications that would help them secure a better future. That’s an opportunity for students as well as their families, educators and career advisors to learn more about faster, more affordable pathways to rewarding, good-paying careers That’s why we created this critical guide — to start a national dialogue that is long overdue.”
In this free e-book, those thinking about skilled trades can learn more about:
- Why a four-year college degree may not be the best option for everyone
- The best skilled trade careers that are in demand and growing fast
- Fast-track training options at high schools, community colleges and trade schools
- Unique scholarship opportunities for students entering skilled trade training programs
- Attractive apprentice programs with leading employers
- Career assessment tools