With a mission to “Be The Light” to others, staffing company pledges to expand access to job readiness resources by arming job seekers with confidence to pursue what is possible
Atlanta-based Insight Global, a leading national staffing company dedicated to empowering people through opportunity, announced the official launch of the Be The Light tour via its first-ever mobile career center. With a new local survey revealing that nearly 70% of Atlanta job seekers don’t apply to their dream job, the tour seeks to illuminate meaningful career opportunities for those who need and want it most.
, will offer attendees free access to Insight Global’s staffing experts and local partners, as well as personalized, one-on-one career counseling and readiness to bolster job opportunities and improve the economic landscape. All Atlanta-metro area job seekers who often find themselves up against job search barriers – whether it be a lack of confidence, resources, technology, or child care – are encouraged to register and attend to pursue what is possible.
HR Technology News: Microsoft Office Rebrands Itself As Microsoft 365
The survey, conducted in October 2022 among 1,006 Atlanta jobseekers, revealed several reasons why these individuals might not pursue new opportunities, which include being intimidated by the job search (27%), not having a college degree (20%), not knowing how to get started with a job search (21%), and an overall lack of confidence (26%).
Additional survey results also revealed the motivation behind people looking for new jobs. Those that rose to the top include better pay (53%), creating a better life for themselves (51%), and creating a better life for their family or those who depend on them (41%).
“What we have often seen through personal experiences in staffing that has been reaffirmed through our survey is that many times, people just don’t feel like they are enough. Whether it’s due to their background or circumstances, they don’t see their own potential and who is right in front of them – a hard-working and skilled person who just needs access to pursue what’s possible. That’s exactly what we’re here to do – show them what their career future can be if they harness the power of their full, limitless potential,” said Bert Bean, CEO of Insight Global.
HR Technology News: Clearlake Capital Completes Acquisition Of Cornerstone OnDemand
From Atlanta to Boston and Denver to Oakland, the Be The Light tour will travel to a dozen cities throughout the next year and will feature the following:
- One-on-one consultations with Insight Global experts who will provide a personalized experience based on attendees’ career goals.
- Career Readiness Workshops on resume writing, interview skills and job hunting.
- Headshot Studio complete with a stylist and a professional photographer who will take photos and upload photos to LinkedIn profiles (and create a profile).
- Career Networking with recruiters from Insight Global and client partners who will be on hand to offer tips, tricks and best practices for job seekers and share opportunities that may be available.
- Child Care Services staffed by qualified childcare professionals.
- Additional supportive services, including assistance for Spanish speakers and the hearing and physically impaired.
- Food for fuel with locally-sourced, free culinary options.
HR Technology News: HR Technology Highlights – HR Tech Daily Round-Up For 25 October 2022