National Intern Day showcases companies that give interns and entry-level candidates notable experiences
Yello, the largest end-to-end DEI and Early Talent Recruitment platform provider, is celebrating the 6th year anniversary of National Intern Day. National Intern Day (NID) was created in 2017 by WayUp to empower the upcoming generation of talent while opening a larger conversation surrounding pay equity and the treatment of entry-level candidates across all industries.
Yello is reforming the workforce for tomorrow’s talent and sparking a national movement for companies to invest in internship programs and interns themselves.
NID also marks the release of the annual 100 Top Internship Programs List, which highlights companies in every industry of any size who have gone above and beyond for their interns. Current employees can nominate their company’s programs and vote. Selection of the Top 100 is based on 30% public votes and 70% votes from a panel of industry experts. The judging criteria centers around diversity and inclusion, compensation, and career development.
Some notable past winners include:
- Lumen: Lumen was ranked in 2021 as the #1 internship program, and recognized for efforts to support interns through their Lumen Stars recognition platform.
- Google: One Ph.D. intern in 2021 spent her internship on the Hearing Accessibility team, where she tested a bracelet that can translate audio into tactile vibrations, which can provide an added layer of communication in addition to lipreading.
- Bank of America: The Bank of America intern class is nearly 2,000 students in 20+ countries, 170+ locations, representing 350+ campuses, and speaking 70+ different languages.
- General Mills: 95% of interns accepted their full-time offer to join the company after their internship last summer.
- Johnson & Johnson: J&J has themed events where interns are encouraged to “Define Yourself” and “Define Your Future”.
“Being named #1 of the Top 100 Internship Programs has had a positive impact overall on our University Relations and elevated our early talent attraction efforts. When we talk to students and candidates they will mention, ‘I know Lumen’s internship program was recognized as #1!’ There is no better feeling than hearing a candidate say this is a reason they considered your program and company”, said telecomm company Lumen, last year’s winner of Top Internship Program.
“We are thrilled to celebrate National Intern Day again this year alongside the country’s leading employers,” said Dan Bartfield, Co-Founder at Yello. “Creating an equitable internship program has the potential to positively impact the career trajectory of students and recent graduates. This holiday provides the opportunity to recognize both the hard work of program coordinators and early-talent teams in creating an impactful program, and the real contributions interns make to organizations of all shapes and sizes.”
[To share your insights with us, please write to email@example.com]