- With Inroads, Highmark Health Will Broaden Its Recruitment Network via Hbcus and Hsis
Highmark Health, a national, blended health organization based in Pittsburgh, Pa., is advancing its commitment to equity and diversity by partnering with INROADS, Inc. — a leading talent solutions organization.
“Highmark Health’s commitment to advancing diversity within our organization is about today, and our future,” said Dr. Margaret Larkins-Pettigrew, SVP, Enterprise Chief Clinical Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Officer, Highmark Health and Allegheny Health Network. “We are seeking to bridge gaps in health equity in order to provide our members and patients with the best products, services and experiences. INROADS has a great track record for delivering measurable results and a heart for changing lives.”
There is a great need for diversity in health care. A 2019 study released by the City of Pittsburgh Gender Equity Commission, highlighted racial disparities and inequalities across gender and race in a number of areas, including employment and patient care. In response to this report, Highmark Health has taken a position of leadership to address disparities and inequities in the industry.
“By partnering with INROADS, Highmark Health tells the world that they are serious about tapping into solutions to advance equity in the workforce and in health care. We are honored to unlock our more than 50 years of experience in developing and placing diverse talent to help Highmark Health advance diversity and bridge disparities,” said Forest T. Harper, President and CEO, INROADS, Inc.
HR Technology News: Good Wages No Longer Enough as Workers Look Beyond the Paycheck
With more than 37,000 employees, Highmark Health is a large and growing employer, which creates an opportunity to take big strides in bridging the racial talent gap. In collaboration with INROADS, Highmark Health will:
- Work with INROADS Professionals (iPROS), a talent pool run by INROADS, to provide employment opportunities for diverse candidates.
- Source INROADS’ recent graduate talent for Highmark Health’s full-time leadership development rotational programs
- Tap into INROADS’ internship program to ensure the selection of diverse high-potential students for paid internships
- Broaden their talent recruitment network to include Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Hispanic Serving Institutions (HISs) through the INROADS HBCU+ program.
“Diverse employees bring new ideas and fresh perspectives that drive innovation in our work,” said Robert James, Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Corporate Strategist, Highmark Health. “Doing anything audacious also requires great partners and collaborators. With Highmark Health@ and INROADS working together, there is no limit to what we can achieve.”
HR Technology News: Glassdoor to Power Fishbowl, a Fast-Growing Professional Social Network