Private sector employment increased by 807,000 jobs from November to December according to the December ADP® National Employment Report. Broadly distributed to the public each month, free of charge, the ADP National Employment Report is produced by the ADP Research Institute® in collaboration with Moody’s Analytics. The report, which is derived from ADP’s actual data of those who are on a company’s payroll, measures the change in total nonfarm private employment each month on a seasonally-adjusted basis.
HR Technology News: NICE Named Market Share Leader in Workforce Optimization
December 2021 Report Highlights
View the ADP National Employment Report Infographic at www.adpemploymentreport.com.
Total U.S. Nonfarm Private Employment: 807,000
By Company Size
– Small businesses: 204,000
- 1-19 employees 104,000
- 20-49 employees 100,000
– Medium businesses: 214,000
- 50-499 employees 214,000
– Large businesses: 389,000
- 500-999 employees 70,000
- 1,000+ employees 319,000
– Goods-producing: 138,000
- Natural resources/mining 2,000
- Construction 62,000
- Manufacturing 74,000
– Service-providing: 669,000
- Trade/transportation/utilities 138,000
- Information 12,000
- Financial activities 24,000
- Professional/business services 130,000
– Professional/technical services 47,000
– Management of companies/enterprises 7,000
– Administrative/support services 76,000
- Education/health services 85,000
– Health care/social assistance 75,000
– Education 10,000
- Leisure/hospitality 246,000
- Other services 36,000
* Sum of components may not equal total, due to rounding.
– Franchise Employment**
- Franchise jobs 39,400
Complete details on franchise employment can be found here.
“December’s job market strengthened as the fallout from the Delta variant faded and Omicron’s impact had yet to be seen,” said Nela Richardson, chief economist, ADP. “Job gains were broad-based, as goods producers added the strongest reading of the year, while service providers dominated growth. December’s job growth brought the fourth quarter average to 625,000, surpassing the 514,000 average for the year. While job gains eclipsed 6 million in 2021, private sector payrolls are still nearly 4 million jobs short of pre-COVID-19 levels.”
The matched sample used to develop the ADP National Employment Report was derived from ADP payroll data, which represents 460,000 U.S. clients employing nearly 26 million workers in the U.S. The November total of jobs added was revised from 534,000 to 505,000.
HR Technology News: Exults Shares Digital Marketing Tactics for Recruiting Potential Job Seekers