Many states are opening up after the Covid-19 shutdown, companies are starting to get employees back to work, but with opening, there are rules around bringing employees back.
As an example, Michigan Governor, Gretchen Whitmer, recently sent an order, Executive Order 2020-97, to all business owners in Michigan. Included in this order is the following:
Provide COVID-19 training to employees that covers, at a minimum:
1. Workplace infection-control practices
2. The proper use of personal protective equipment
3. Steps the employee must take to notify the business or operation of any symptoms of COVID-19 or a suspected or confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19
4. How to report unsafe working conditions
The above includes a lot of work for both company and employee. Tools to help with these needs include:
- Self-declaration – a set of questions or PPE needs required to be answered daily as employees enter the building
- Contact Tracing – tracing contact of employees breaking the 6-foot proximity recommendation by CDC over a period of time
- Social Distancing – ability to track and warn employees when approaching or breaking the 6-foot proximity of another employee.
- Data Collection – collecting data on contacts, to determine which employees have symptoms or test positive, and a way to inform employees they are exposed and what to do.
HR Technology News: TecHRseries Interview with Michelle Boockoff-Bajdek, CMO at SkillSoft
From the CDC website
“Adoption and evaluation of digital tools may expand reach and efficacy of contact tracers.”
CompanyTRAK is the leading digital solution to help with Self-Declaration, Social Distancing, Contact Tracing and Data Collection. With patent-pending technology including mobile location services, Bluetooth tags and scanners, the solution traces employee interaction within a geofenced building. If an employee has contact within the CDC recommended 6-foot distance, that contact is logged. If employees self-reports as symptomatic or having tested positive, CompanyTRAK notifies an exposure risk to any employee that they have been in contact with over the last 14 days. This minimizes employee risk in the office or facility by understanding who is at risk, symptomatic, or is tested positive. The solution leverages a combination of proprietary mobile technology, web portal and Bluetooth tags to achieve this and be accurate.
HR Technology News: Return To Work Safely With The New Work | Space App, By Equal Experts