Jobble Partners With Indi to Launch Indi for Jobblers, a First of Its Kind Banking Solution Empowering Gig Workers
– Jobble, Inc and indi® Introduce Debit Mastercard Designed for the Gig Economy
– Indi Account Provides Gig Workers with Dynamic Financial Management Tools
Jobble, which supports the job search of millions of independent workers, and indi, which pioneered digital banking solutions for the gig economy, announced the launch of a debit card to address the need for accessible banking solutions for gig workers.
Supported by PNC Bank and powered exclusively by the Mastercard network, indi for Jobblers is an FDIC-insured banking solution designed for independent workers’ unique financial needs, including a debit card and mobile app with tax savings and expense tracking features. Payments from Jobble to the indi for Jobblers card can be made instantly.
“The gig economy has proven to be essential to the U.S. economy, and at Jobble, we are doing our part to ensure these workers are supported,” Corey Bober, COO and co-founder of Jobble said. “In continuing our mission of supporting the everyday hustle of all independent workers, Jobble is excited to work with indi on a banking solution that meets the specific needs of gig workers, freelancers, side hustlers and independent contractors across the country.”
HR Technology News: Wellfleet and EIS Survey Finds Workplace Benefits Brokers Demanding Better Technology
An indi for Jobblers account empowers independent workers by:
- Providing a straightforward and fast application process that does not impact their credit score
- Keeping it simple with no fee to apply, no monthly service fee and no minimum balance requirement
- Letting them manage their money on-the-go with convenient mobile banking
- Creating a personalized Tax Savings Goal to help estimate the amount they should save for taxes
- Enrolling them in the Mastercard® Easy Savings program for rebates¹ on everyday activities (available at participating merchants)
- Offering advanced security features including Mastercard ID Theft ProtectionTM, Zero Liability, and Price Protection
HR Technology News: United Rentals Recognized for Its Commitment to Hiring and Retaining Veterans
“Bringing indi and Jobble together in collaboration with Mastercard allows independent workers to browse job opportunities and find work that works for them, get paid quickly with Jobble Gigs, simplify their financial lives in the indi mobile app, and earn rebates at thousands of participating merchant locations nationwide with the Mastercard® Easy Savings program,” said David Passavant, CEO of numo, the Pittsburgh-based incubator that developed indi.
“The gig economy requires solutions that are people-centric, technology-enabled and inclusive of all,” said Sherri Haymond, executive vice president of Digital Partnerships at Mastercard. “In collaboration with PNC, indi for Jobblers not only empowers the gig economy through technology, but also effectively and meaningfully addresses the digital divide for a more inclusive future.”
HR Technology News: TaskHuman Launches World’s First Real-Time 1:1 Coaching Platform Over Live Video Call