Greater Women’s Business Council Announces Annual Power of Partnering (POP, Too!) event in Charlotte, 21 March 2019
The Greater Women’s Business Council (GWBC), the leading provider of certification and development resources for women business enterprises (WBEs) in Georgia, South Carolina and North Carolina, is hosting its annual Power of Partnering (POP, Too!) conference in Charlotte, North Carolina on 21 March 2019.
POP, Too! is GWBC’s Carolina based companion to the annual flagship POP Marketplace event held in Atlanta, Georgia. During this one-day conference, women business enterprises (WBEs) and procurement professionals interact with each other to promote growth opportunities and enhance business relationships.
HR Technology Interview: Jumpstart 2019: TecHR Interview with Tracy Malingo, SVP of Product Strategy at Verint
Meridith Elliott Powell, award-winning author, speaker and business strategist, will deliver the keynote speech at this year’s POP, Too! event. Voted one of the Top 15 Business Growth Experts to watch by Currency Fair, Powell also is the author of four books, including Winning In The Trust & Value Economy (a finalist in the USA Best Book Awards) and her latest Own It: Redefining Responsibility – Stories of Power, Freedom & Purpose.
“Meridith knows what it takes to succeed as a woman in business, how to take action and get results,” said Roz Lewis, GWBC president and CEO. “We’re delighted to have her as our keynote this year. We encourage all women who are interested in taking their personal and company brand to the next level to attend this event.”
HR Technology Interview: TecHR Interview with Jesse Wolfersberger, Chief Data Officer at Maritz Motivation Solutions
Powell’s keynote at POP, Too! will help women business leaders learn today’s new rules of success and what they can do to “up their game” to win in a relationship-based economy.
Attendees of POP, Too! can also attend various educational workshops, including:
- Perfecting the Process – Do you know if your business could benefit from Six Sigma? Speaker: Larry Edwards Six Sigma Black Belt, Chair ASQ Charlotte
- Controlled Communications – Legal communication advice. Speaker: Eartha Jean Johnson, Esq and CEO, Risk Mitigation Worldwide
- Impact of Advisors and Mentors – How/when to seek a mentor or create an advisory board. Speakers: Patrick Dierberger, Asst. VP Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta; Evelyn Ashley, Trusted Council, LLC, Invited WBE
- Return on Investment (ROI) Time versus Money – Understand what your time is worth. Speaker: Dr. Anandi Banerjee, Assistant Professor of Finance, McColl School of Business, Queens University of Charlotte
- WBE Business Pitch – Women business leaders pitch to an audience of corporate buyers and savvy women business owners and entrepreneurs.
HR Technology News: Compeat Serves Up Business Intelligence On The Fly
Sponsors of POP, Too! Include: Novant Health, Georgia Power, Accenture, BMW Group, Exhibits South, Sonoco, Aflac, The Clorox Company, Delta Air Lines, InfoMart, WestRock, AT&T, and Bank of America.
NEWS PROVIDED BY
[The Greater Women’s Business Council, Inc. ]