- Software Companies Further Enhance Technology Experience for Millions of Employees Globally
UKG, a leading global provider of human capital management (HCM), payroll, HR service delivery, and workforce management solutions, announced an expanded collaboration with Microsoft that can enhance the employee technology experience at thousands of organizations globally running on UKG and Microsoft solutions.
UKG and Microsoft are working together to ensure people not processes are at the center of everyday workplace experiences. By reducing the need to switch between business applications to complete routine, daily requests and actions, people will spend less time on administrative aspects of their jobs and more time making an impact for themselves and the organization.
Presently, the collaboration is focused on four strategic areas:
- Providing Faster Access to Answers: Through a UKG chatbot in Microsoft Teams, employees can ask for time off, check their pay information, search for contacts within their organization, and complete a variety of other actions usually performed in UKG Pro directly from Teams. The chatbot is adding new capabilities regularly.
- Creating More Connected Employee Experiences: In addition to bringing together relevant actions, company news, communities, and resources, Microsoft’s employee experience platform Viva will surface relevant updates from Pro and UKG Dimensions, such as key to-dos, the ability to view schedules and paychecks, and the option to request time off — creating a one-stop shop for critical information within Viva Connections, a gateway for employee engagement.
- Offering More Seamless Onboarding: HR managers can quickly and easily provide new hires a Microsoft Windows 365 virtual cloud PC from within Pro immediately upon hire, eliminating manual requests between HR and IT, ensuring every new hire has a fully provisioned virtual cloud PC with access to necessary business applications ready for their first day of work.
- Simplifying Business Insights: By automating the synchronization of payroll data between Dimensions and Microsoft Dynamics 365 without the need for custom interfaces, business intelligence teams have up-to-date timekeeping data and workforce analytics for deeper organizational insights, and finance teams have an even more accurate view of the General Ledger.
HR Technology News: Burlington Stores Is Hiring!
“Connected and meaningful work experiences are at the heart of great business outcomes, but are only possible with modern cloud solutions that are open and extensible,” said Jim Welch, chief product officer at UKG. “Empowering people to spend more time on the parts of the job they love is core to our collaboration with Microsoft.”
“For organizations to thrive today, they must be supported by an ecosystem of collaborative cloud software providers working together in the best interests of their business, and, more importantly, their people,” said Giovanni Mezgec, general manager of field and partner marketing, Modern Work at Microsoft. “Microsoft and UKG have a shared vision for transforming the employee experience for everyone.”
UKG and Microsoft previously collaborated to create the popular Dimensions add-in for Microsoft Outlook, which allows for time off to be requested and approved through Outlook, where many office-based workers and managers are already making decisions during their day.