Modern Governance 12.0: Diligent Launches Modern Leadership to Help Organizations Build More Diverse and Inclusive Boards and Leadership Teams
Diligent Corporation, a leading modern governance company used by nearly 700,000 board directors and leaders, introduced Modern Leadership – an initiative to provide senior leaders with the resources, insights, partnerships, and technology they need to further catalyze diversity in their organizations and modernize governance.
HR Technology News: DHGE Launches Resilience Program for COVID-19 Frontline Workers
“Diligent’s Modern Leadership initiative aligns closely with the long-held principle at Clearlake that diversity drives differentiated outcomes”
Diligent also announced today, Diligent Director Network – the largest and most diverse community of board-ready executives globally created to widen the pool of diverse candidates for a vacant board seat. With the Director Network, Diligent is:
- Activating Diligent’s network of nearly 700,000 board directors and leaders across 16,000 organizations to nominate diverse, board-ready executives to build a database of largely untapped talent that will be searchable free of charge within the Diligent application.
- Teaming up with leading private equity firms to post more than 50 board roles for increased visibility and transparency for diverse director candidates. The 10+ private equity firms that have each committed to posting five open board roles include Insight Partners, Clearlake Capital, Vista Equity Partners, Hellman & Friedman, Hg, Genstar Capital, TA Associates, K1 Investment Management, Aurora Capital Partners, and Grain Management.
- Partnering with Spencer Stuart, a leading executive search and leadership advisory firm, to post board searches in the Diligent application creating more transparency for diverse candidates to apply for those roles. Spencer Stuart has long recognized the value of board diversity – last year, minority executives and women comprised more than 60% of their placements in the U.S.
- Partnering with organizations that have a track record and mission for diversifying board rooms and executive suites – including The Executive Leadership Council, Ascend, Latino Corporate Directors Association, and National Association of Corporate Directors – to promote and create opportunities for their members.
- Opening an offer to Diligent’s clients to post open board and executive roles within Director Network for visibility and transparency for diverse rising directors.
“Diligent is committed to being a catalyst for greater diversity and inclusion, starting with the highest levels of leadership – and we are using our network of nearly 700,000 board directors and leaders to help drive that change,” said Brian Stafford, CEO of Diligent. “By increasing the number and visibility of diverse board members, truly changing composition from the top, we believe organizations will be able to better serve stakeholders and create long-lasting, positive change in the world. We hope other companies will join us to create more board and C-Suite opportunities for diverse talent.”
HR Technology News: Kofax Donates Power PDF Sale Proceeds to International Red Cross in Support of Front-Line Healthcare Workers