The Video Advertising Bureau (VAB) released Meeting Industry Challenges: Guidance and Inspiration to Embracing an Audience-First TV Buying Approach, an in-depth, 60-plus page report.
VAB commissioned Advertiser Perceptions to survey over 200 marketers to assess how the advertising industry is adopting audience-based buying (ABB). Among the survey’s findings was that 65% of agency professionals and 46% of brand marketers say they have not received any formal training in ABB approaches.
“Audience-based buying is a powerful and sophisticated tool that, through 2021 and beyond, will continue to transform and strengthen a marketer’s ability to drive business outcomes, but its full impact can only be realized if industry professionals are armed with the proper education and training,” said Danielle Delauro, Executive Vice President, VAB. “Currently, within companies and agencies, formal training in ABB is widely non-existent—and that is unacceptable, as well as ultimately unhealthy for the TV ecosystem.”
HR Technology News: Miami Start-Up Raises $2.7 Million With Promise To Evolutionize Hybrid Working
The following are specific opportunities identified by VAB to facilitate greater usage and investment in modern TV buying approaches:
- Creating education and training programs.
- Creating more awareness and familiarity with multiscreen TV platform capabilities.
- Simplifying and streamlining terminology in presentations and pitches.
- Reimagining infrastructure to better execute data-driven video campaigns.
- Engaging at reputable industry conferences and events.