- 2021 Esg Report Highlights 8% Rise in Women in Management, 30% Ethnic Representation in Workforce and a Tripling of Nonprofits Supported With Bold Goals for the Future
Blackline Safety Corp., a global leader in connected safety technology with a Hardware-enabled Software-as-a-Service (HeSaaS) business model, announced it increased its diversity, equity and inclusion performance in 2021, boosted employee engagement as the workforce doubled, and pledged to be a net-zero emissions company by the end of fiscal 2023. Highlights of progress made to date and pathways to net-zero are detailed in its 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report, released today.
“Our connected worker technology protects over 100,000 people and generates data-driven safety and operational insights that enhance the ESG performance of our customers around the world. We have long recognized the importance of creating sustainable workplaces that embed both resiliency and adaptability into business—and build a better world”
“Our connected worker technology protects over 100,000 people and generates data-driven safety and operational insights that enhance the ESG performance of our customers around the world. We have long recognized the importance of creating sustainable workplaces that embed both resiliency and adaptability into business—and build a better world,” said Cody Slater, Chief Executive Officer and Chair at Blackline Safety.
“I am proud of the achievements made in fiscal 2021 related to our own ESG performance through increasing the diversity of our workforce, supporting the communities in which we operate and aligning with society, customers and investors net-zero goals. In 2022, we will continue to build on the progress made, including targeting 100% use of renewable energy company-wide by year-end. Blackline has a policy of pay equity and in 2022 we will also achieve pay equity certification.”
Highlights from Blackline Safety’s Fiscal 2021 ESG Report:
- Grew a diverse and inclusive workforce, with 30% ethnic representation—an increase of 6% year-over-year—and an 8% increase in women in management. To further build a culture of belonging and inclusion, the company will increase its engagement with underrepresented groups as part of recruitment and increase mentorship support and leadership opportunities.
- Improved overall employee engagement to 76%, while nearly doubling the global workforce, and continued to expand training and development opportunities and comprehensive benefits coverage including $5,000 mental health support for Canadian employees.
- Collected over 170 billion data points to date through Blackline Live, upheld by the highest standards of data security and privacy measures in line with GDPR and SOC 2 compliance.
- Doubled community investment year-over-year and tripled the number of nonprofits supported, and aligned areas of support to the company’s vision.
- Calculated Scopes 1, 2 and 3 GHG emissions, to establish a baseline and key levers to achieve the Company’s net-zero goal.
“Now, more than ever, business, product and organizational strategy needs to incorporate ESG performance in line with both rising stakeholder expectations and delivering responsible growth and long-term shareholder value creation,” said Cheemin Bo-Linn, Governance, Compensation and Sustainability Committee Chair.
“As a Board, we are pleased with Blackline Safety’s progress to date on its ESG goals and focus areas and continue to be actively engaged in the Company’s approach and responsibilities, supported by a governance framework that provides clear oversight and accountability. We expect Blackline Safety to continue achieving meaningful progress towards its ESG initiatives in the years to come.”