Blackboard Inc., a leading education technology company for teaching, learning and student engagement, announced the winners of the 2020 Blackboard Catalyst Awards.
HR Technology News: Terminal Named a Best Place to Work by Inc. Magazine
Now in their 15th year, the annual Catalyst Awards recognize and honor innovation and excellence in the Blackboard global community of practice, where millions of educators and learners work every day to redefine what is possible when leveraging technology. Winners are selected by a cross-functional team of Blackboard experts. Honorees from across the globe will be recognized during BbWorld, Blackboard’s premier annual global conference, to be held virtually July 21 and 22.
“We’re thrilled to recognize this year’s Blackboard Catalyst Award winners for their commitment to reimagining what’s possible when it comes to delivering outstanding online education experiences to all learners,” said Lee Blakemore, Chief Client Officer and President, Global Markets at Blackboard. “Their passion for sharing best practices around leveraging technology in innovative ways is helping to advance student learning across the globe.”
HR Technology News: ADP National Employment Report: Private Sector Employment Decreased by 20,236,000 Jobs in April; the April NER Utilizes Data Through April 12 and Does Not Reflect the Full Impact of COVID-19 on the Overall Employment Situation
Below are the winners, listed by category:
Leading Change: This award recognizes institutions that have developed practices and/or technologies that have had a measurable effect on learning outcomes, student performance, or academic progression. The winners are:
- CEU Educational Group, Spain: IT and Digital Transformation teams
- Montgomery County Community College, Blue Bell and Pottstown, Pa., U.S.: Students, Faculty, Staff, and Board of Trustees
- Princess Nourah Bint Abdulrahman University, Saudi Arabia: Dr. Sahar Almasoud and the Online Learning Administration Team
- Sam Houston State University, Texas, U.S.: SHSU Online Team
- Tuscaloosa City Schools, Tenn., U.S.: Andrew Maxey, Lesley Bruinton, Mike Daria, Junelle Christian
- Northumbria University, United Kingdom: Blackboard Ultra Project Team
- University of Bahrain, Kingdom of Bahrain: Professor Riyadh Yousif Hamza, Faculty, Staff, Students and Board of Trustees
HR Technology News: TecHRseries Interview with Steve Auerbach, CEO at Alegeus