The No-Cost, Instructor-Led, Virtual Program Includes Skills Training and Certification Courses
TechBridge, Inc. is teaming up with Ernst & Young LLP to help train and prepare individuals in under-resourced communities for future in-demand careers in technology through the Technology Career Program.
TechBridge’s mission is to eradicate generational poverty by focusing on four critical areas – hunger relief, homeless support, social justice and workforce development. Their Technology Career Program (TCP) is a no-cost, hybrid virtual/classroom-based, skills development, certification, part-time program that prepares individuals for sought-after careers in technology. Participants graduate with connections to potential employers, including EY US.
The initial program with EY US will focus the development of key administrator skills for CRM platforms. As part of the program, EY US will help identify high-demand, full-time roles available to the Technology Career Program alumni, and provide students with details such as job qualifications, job interview opportunities, salary information, and more. EY US will also support future educational programming around ServiceNow, front-end development, and supply chain technology areas.
“The work we do at TechBridge is critical to closing the generational poverty gap,” said TechBridge CEO Nicole Armstrong. “Presenting our graduates with real, sustainable job opportunities with companies known for their technical prowess, like EY, is something we are incredibly proud to be able to offer.”
The Technology Career Program is Intentionally Designed and Support Goes Beyond the 12-Weeks
Participants from previous years reside in Atlanta, GA, Richardson, TX, Chicago, IL, Seattle, WA, Houston, TX, Charlotte, NC, Miami, FL, and Denver, CO. During the program, participants have access to a number of offerings, including:
- Free training and services
- Certifications in high demand, highly marketable technology skills
- Access to supportive services from community partners and nonprofits
- Professional training, mentoring and coaching on how to interact and perform in the corporate workplace, as well as interviewing skills
- Financial literacy
- After participants graduate from the program, the support continues:
- Direct access to sought after employers for long-term jobs
- Support and training while mastering new skills and new environments
- Coaches to provide on-the-job mentorship and career planning for up to 12 months
- Case managers who ensure graduates receive supportive services when needed, so graduates can maintain their focus on their new jobs and overcome obstacles
- Access to technology jobs with competitive salaries
“We are excited to see EY and TechBridge come together to provide meaningful opportunities to graduates of the Technology Career Program,” said Yang Shim, EY Americas Technology Consulting Leader. “This work links directly to the important steps we are taking to develop critical skills in today’s rapidly growing digital economy. By working with TechBridge, we are acting on our commitment to bridging the Digital Divide, and to support diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.”
HR Technology News: Sprinklr Recognized With Cigna Well-Being Award