The last week in tech and HR witnessed several key highlights, with global tech leader Amazon announcing a new hiring initiative, the launch of new product enhancements and updates by TazWorks, Yello, Fiverr while tech leaders like ADP, Ceridian, Cornerstone, Slack announced fresh leadership changes.
Catch more of these HR and HR Tech weekly highlights:
HR Tech Quote-of-the-week!
With continued uncertainty as to what will come next, businesses’ global hiring plans need to stay flexible while testing the waters of foreign markets before making a long-term commitment, and remain compliant with foreign employment laws, taxes and regulations.
Top HR Tech News of the week
- Amazon Hiring 100,000 New Full- and Part-Time Employees Across the U.S. and Canada
- Philips Reinforces Its Leadership as a Purpose-Driven Company With an Enhanced and Fully Integrated Approach to Doing Business Responsibly and Sustainably
- TazWorks Announces Upgrade to its TazInsights™ Business Intelligence Platform
- ADP Nominates Linnie M. Haynesworth to Board of Directors
- Clarity Benefit Solutions Launches New Simply Smarter Backed by Robust Service Enhancements
- New Yello Sourcing Marketplace Helps Employers Connect With Early Talent Candidates Virtually
- Introducing: Fiverr Business, a New Platform Targeting Team Collaboration for The Future of Work
- Citrix Rethinks Employee Experience to Advance New World of Work
- Udacity, UiPath Launch Robotic Process Automation Developer Nanodegree® Program to Future-Proof Careers
- WorkJam Expands Leadership with the Addition of Frontline Workforce Tech Visionary Rich Halbert
- Kahoot! Acquires Actimo to Strengthen Corporate Learning, Culture and Engagement
- OnShift Expands Human Capital Management Platform With Next-Generation Time and Attendance Software
- Wedge and JazzHR Partner to Supercharge Hiring
- Lattice Launches Grow, Powering Meaningful Career Conversations for Employee Development
- Cornerstone Welcomes Ajay Awatramani as Chief Product Officer
- Nadia Rawlinson Appointed Chief People Officer of Slack
- ServiceNow Delivers New Levels of Business Agility and Resilience for the COVID Economy
- Udemy Appoints Education Innovator Heather Hiles to Board of Directors
- Ceridian Hires Noémie Heuland as EVP, Chief Financial Officer
- Paycor Announces New Compensation Planning Solution
HR Tech QnA with the Expert
If you’re a global company with employees in different regions of the world, remember that what’s considered normal where you are may not be normal somewhere else. In certain regions, working remotely is not a widely accepted practice. An easy transition for one culture may be difficult for another. In these cases, keeping lines of communication open is critical. It’s extra important to proactively engage the employees for whom this may be an especially difficult transition. If employees know leadership respects the difficulty of the situation, it can ease the stress.
Top Articles on Employee Health and Benefits, HR and HR Tech, Covid-19 Effects on the Future of Work and Lots more!
- Creating the Future of Work Today
- Identifying Employee Needs in 2020: Highlights from Reflektive’s New Survey
- Why COVID-19 Will Lead to More Evidence-Based Hiring
- Quick Tips To Help Improve your Technical Hiring Process
- 07 Ways by Which Artificial Intelligence and AI-Powered HR Tech Tools Are Changing Workplace Trends and Cultures
- Are you Considering a Few Time Tracking Software While your Team Works Remote?
Catch the latest conversations on the State of Sales, Marketing and Working In Tech from these episodes of The SalesStar Podcast –Featuring leaders from Acoustic, CloudShare, Qumulo and more. Listen Now!