UnitedHealth Group, Twilio, and CVS Health among companies offering ample work-from-home job opportunities
Millions of U.S. workers have quit over the past few months, with many looking for jobs offering more flexibility and remote work options. In fact, a recent FlexJobs survey found 44 percent said they know at least one person that has quit or is planning to quit because their employers are requiring them to return to the office. Additionally, 29 percent are actively job searching because they want to work remotely, and 17 percent have actually quit a job because they wanted remote work options.
To help job seekers interested in finding jobs that they can do completely from home, FlexJobs has identified the top 30 companies with the most number of fully remote job listings so far this year. This list is based on an analysis of over 57,000 companies and their 100% remote job posting histories in the FlexJobs database between January 1, 2021, and August 31, 2021. These jobs do not require any time in the office.
HR Technology News: Gloat Announces Career Agility and Frontline Employee Offerings
“Employees value the flexibility and benefits remote work brings, especially during a challenging time and rapidly changing job market,” said Sara Sutton, Founder and CEO of FlexJobs. “In fact, 58 percent of respondents in our latest survey said they want to continue working from home full-time after the pandemic. We hope that by highlighting this great list of companies embracing remote work, we’ll enable job seekers to stay informed in their career journey and connect to the wide variety of remote job opportunities available,” Sutton concluded.
Although companies have expanded their views on what work can be done fully remotely, the top industries represented in this list are below (staffing & HR companies have been excluded from this list):
1. Computer & IT
2. Medical & Health
3. Education & Training
The companies below posted the most 100% remote jobs between January 1, 2021, through August 31, 2021.
1. UnitedHealth Group
3. CVS Health
4. Supporting Strategies
5. eXp Realty
6. Anthem, Inc.
8. Citizens Bank
12. Profit Factory
13. Planet Group
16. NTT Group
20. Stride, Inc.
21. Achieve Test Prep
23. PRA Health Sciences
24. Change Healthcare
25. Jerry Insurance Agency
28. Thermo Fisher Scientific
30. LanguageLine Solutions
To help remote job seekers, FlexJobs’ career coaching team has outlined three important recommendations for highlighting remote work experience and talents on one’s resume.
HR Technology News: WurkNow Announces Series a Funding Round
1. State it clearly. List “Remote Work” next to your job title. For example, Director of Marketing (75% Remote Work)
2. Include it in the descriptions of your past jobs or experience.
- For example, “Led a team of five customer service reps in a completely remote work environment during the pandemic, and successfully earned an average team satisfaction rating of 94%.”
- If you earned a degree or certification online, volunteered on a project where you did most of the work from home, worked at a distance from your coworkers across time zones, or even just worked from home even occasionally, include this remote work experience explicitly.
3. Build it into your skills section. Discuss the types of skills it takes to be a successful remote worker. Time and task management, communication, self-management, the ability to work independently, and comfort with technology are some of the top skills employers like to see when hiring for remote jobs.