84 Lumber, the nation’s largest privately held building materials supplier, is recruiting for more than 10 immediate openings at locations in Louisville, KY, as the company’s business continues to expand nationwide. Interested job seekers can interview for open positions at a hiring event.
“At 84 Lumber, we are on the leading edge of the ongoing rise in residential construction across the nation,” said Rob Woodrow, divisional vice president at 84 Lumber. “Greater demand for our products means a need for more motivated, dedicated employees who want to take advantage of the phenomenal growth opportunity in our industry. If you have a strong work ethic and are eager for something new, you could be the perfect fit for us.”
Hiring event attendees will participate in job interviews, learn more about 84 Lumber’s company culture, and get more details about signing bonuses being offered for certain positions. Some attendees may receive a job offer on site. Open positions include:
- Yard associates. Applicants need no prior experience and perform essential functions behind the scenes – from the management of supply shipments to the operation of forklifts and other equipment. Starting pay is $17 per hour. Yard associates also receive an $840 sign-on bonus.
- Field operations trainees will travel to assist stores with operational functions including marketing, sales, and management. This position provides an advanced education in management and operations. Starting compensation is $51,000 per year.
- Manager trainees (MTs), who enter an intensive, one-on-one, on-the-job training program that teaches them about the company’s business and puts them on a path to become a future leader within the enterprise. Starting compensation for manager trainees is $40,000 per year plus monthly incentive compensation. MTs also receive an $840 sign-on bonus.
- Customer service managers are responsible for assisting salespeople in managing customer accounts, including ordering and processing materials, setting pricing, and invoicing and back charging decisions. Starting compensation is $41,600 per year plus monthly bonuses.
- Multi-family project managers are responsible for the solicitation of project documents and information, ensuring that all information is delivered to hub estimators, and supporting team members and outside vendors through RFP procedure. Compensation is based on experience.
“As a family-owned company, 84 Lumber is committed to helping our employees build a long-term career with us. We are proud to say that 95% of our store managers started in our manager trainee program,” Woodrow said. “We believe that a wide variety of candidates can find a home with the company and open doors for themselves – a person with no construction experience but a desire to learn, military veterans ready to open their next chapter, or someone simply ready to make a fresh start. We’ll give every one of them the tools to grow.”
HR Technology News: Remote Secures $300 Million Series C Financing To Power Global Employment
Candidates interested in participating in the Hiring Event should pre-register online and complete the form. Registrants will then receive an email from 84 Lumber with the link to apply for the desired position. To save time, Woodrow strongly encourages candidates to apply for positions online before they attend the event.
On-site pre-employment drug screening will be available for applicants at the hiring event. Candidates who advance in the process will also be required to pass a background check prior to employment.
[To share your insights with us, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org]